Perpetual motion is an interesting phenomenon. Absolutely impossible in every sense of the word impossible, there are plenty of people still willing to call it real.
Now, the loonies that think they can create it do make some awesome YouTube videos. Here’s an example:
That video and machine is so something I would have made as a kid. I probably would have proudly declared it perpetual motion, even though it isn’t. Anyway, there’s no way to create energy from nothing. But it does make for a better YouTube.
School update: Geology is way harder than expected. So much to memorize. I should have taken chemistry. With the exception of a little memorization, it’s all basic algebra. I can swing that.
Stuff to Read
- Find out who your representatives are with this new tool from DQYDJ.net.
- Boomer and Echo talk about Snowbirds, which are the Canadians you see littering America’s beautiful coast line every year. Conversely, if Americans flood into Canada, we should be named Humiditybirds. Look how complicated our tax code makes even the most simple of vacations on American coastline. Interesting discussion in the comments.
- Darwin talks about how you’re probably wealthier (by income) than you think.
- IAm1Percent talks about avoiding non-value added activities.
- KrantCents explains how you can market your home.
Stuff I wrote Elsewhere
- Winners and Losers from QE3 at Darwin’s Money.
- ETFs that Rocketed after QE3 Announcement at ETF Base.
- Alpha in Investing at Investor Junkie.
- Why the Street Hates Utility Stocks at The College Investor.
- ETFs vs. Individual Stocks at 20s Finances.
And just now I realized how much stuff I write. I’ll admit it, I’m just getting my name out there to sell you all life insurance and bloated 12-b1 mutual funds later. (I’m so kidding.) I’m currently looking for real estate guest posts.